- Important Information.
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How do we collect your personal data?
- Why do we collect and process your personal data?
- With whom do we share your personal data?
- How do we transfer your personal data outside European Economic Area (EEA)?
- How do we protect children’s personal data?
- What security measures do we take?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights regarding your personal data?
- you visit our website voipscan.eu; and/or
- you are a customer of us; and/or
- you have a business relationship with us; and/or
- you are a contact of us;
We commit to being transparent and operating in compliance with the Cypriot or European Legislation in the areas of Personal Data Processing, Privacy and Data Security. The legislation includes, inter alia, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the ePrivacy Directive for the protection of private life in electronic communications and the Guidelines issued by the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection in Cyprus.
1. Important Information.
Voipscan Ltd is a Limited Liability Company in Cyprus under registration number 354242 with its registered office at 10 Patron, 6051 Larnaca, Cyprus.
Address: 10 Patron Street, 6051 Larnaca, Cyprus
Tel.: +357 24 81 25 75, +357 24 81 25 83
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
DPO Contact Details:
RF Privacy Minders Ltd
Address: 10 Patron, 6051 Larnaca, Cyprus
Tel.: +357 24812581/82
Fax: +357 24812583
Your duty to inform us about changes in your personal details
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us updated about your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Links to Third-Party Websites
2. What personal data do we collect about you?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of your personal data which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data, such as name, surname, gender, age, geographical location.
- Contact Data, such email address, telephone number.
- Financial Data, such as billing and other data necessary for processing payments to and from customers.
- Information about interaction between you and us, such as how you use our Services, including page response times, download errors, entry and exit methods, as well as delivery notices when we contact you.
- Historical data, such as your purchase, payment and credit acceptance history.
- Technical data: information collected when you visit our website, such as IP address, language settings, browser settings, time zone settings, operating system and platform and screen resolution.
3. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods and sources to collect your personal data including, inter alia, the following:
Direct interactions with you. You may give us your data electronically, by phone or by post. This includes personal data you provide us when you:
- log into the Voipscan app;
- contact us via our website;
- become a contact of ours;
- By payment processors, such as credit card processors;
- Automatically generated or collected in the course of provision of Securax Products and Services, such as data included in license certificates and used for license authorization purposes, crash reports data,
4. Why do we collect and process your personal data?
We use your personal data only for the following purposes:
when it is necessary for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract. This includes:
- to provide our services as instructed by you or our Company;
- to be provided with services by you or your Company;
- to process payments, billing and collection.
when processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of our business, particularly:
- to administer and manage our relationship with you, including accounting, auditing, and taking other steps linked to the performance of our business relationship;
- to carry out background checks, where permitted;
- to analyze and improve our services and communications and to monitor compliance with our policies and standards;
- to protect the security of our communications and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
- for insurance purposes;
- to exercise or defend our legal rights or to comply with court orders;
- to provide legal advice and legal services to our clients;
- to collect information about your preferences to personalize and improve the quality of our communications with you.
- when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, including maintaining records, compliance checks or screening and recording (e.g. anti-money laundering, financial and credit checks, fraud and crime prevention and detection, trade sanctions etc.).
when you give us your consent to process your personal data:
to communicate with you to keep you up to date on new services or other offers that may interest you.
We will only provide you with marketing related information after you have, where legally required to do so, opted in to receive those communications and having provided the opportunity for you to opt out at any time. You can ask us to stop sending you information about us and our services at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving information about us, our services or offers, your withdrawal of consent will not apply to personal data provided to us for any other purpose.
to transfer your personal data to third parties for their own marketing purposes after you have given us your consent, especially when:
- you receive bonuses that can be spent on calls by viewing advertisements; or
- you click the links to visit the advertiser’s website
- to communicate with you to keep you up to date on new services or other offers that may interest you.
Automated decision making
We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting or creating profiles, i.e. decision making by electronic means without any human involvement.
Change of purpose of processing
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may have to share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- ith our affiliate company for the purposes of providing our services as described herein.
- with third parties including advisers, experts, translators and other necessary entities and/or subcontractors, for the purposes of providing our services as described herein;
- with service providers, including providers of IT services;
- with regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, or pursuant to an order of a court or a legal obligation, to enforce our terms of business or to protect the rights of our business, our employees and our clients and
- with advertising agencies for their own marketing purposes.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
6. How do we transfer your personal data outside European Economic Area (EEA)?
7. How do we protect children’s personal data?
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
As part of our effort to prevent any unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data, we have implemented physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We also update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis and we restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide our services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
9. Transfer of your personal data to a third country or to an international organization.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. In case where our business relationship with you has ended, we may keep your data for up to ten (10) years.
In general, to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may keep such data for longer periods for our legitimate business interests, or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or to protect your or others’ vital interests.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see below for further information).
10. What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
Right of Access: You have the right to access to your personal data. You can ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you. There are situations where we may deny your request, for example, if making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
Right to Rectification: It is our objective to keep your personal data accurate, current and complete. You have the right to request the correction of any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data in case that
- there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- we may have processed your information unlawfully
- we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law
You should note, though, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds which override your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object when we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to Restrict Processing: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy
- when our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- when you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- if you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Right to Withdraw Your Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the abovementioned rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Right to file a complaint You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of Cyprus Commissioner for Personal Data Protection. Please find more information at the official website of the Commissioner at www.dataprotection.gov.cy.
No fee usually required You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What do we need from you? We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any other person. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made more requests. In this case, we will notify you.